I currently am working at a Mexican style restaurant and they are coming out with a new taco topped with pineapple salsa. To make sure that the staff knows what they are selling, we get to taste the new food. Unleashed, is the pineapple salsa. It was so delightful, I decided I wanted to try my own twist on it.
Pineapples with jalapeños is such a flavor burst. The pineapple draws in this sweet taste, but the jalapeños give it that spicy kick at the end. This is vegan/ vegetarian 🙂 I hope you make it and enjoy it.
Here is what you will need:
- One Yellow Onion minced
- One Jalapeno – minced (I kept the seeds in for extra flavor)
- One Whole Pineapple diced, with the outside peeled.
- A handful of cilantro chopped up
- Garlic salt & Normal Salt- I never measure, so add and taste as you go.
- One fresh lime, just squeeze the juice.
Once everything is chopped up, just mix in a bowl. Let in sit in the fridge for about an hour and it will be chilled and ready to serve.
Try it on tacos or on a chip and enjoy!