Self Help

Tips For Having Clear Skin

It seems today that a lot of people struggle with having clear skin, but a lot of the reasons we break out are because of things we put in our body or on our skin. 99 percent of the time I have clear skin, but this is because I take such good care of it. The other 1 percent are the times I neglect my face, or of course dreaded PMS symptoms. I am by no means a researcher on skincare, but I will share with you the ways that have seemed to benefit my skin.

IMG_7570

  1. Only wear makeup when you “have” to- Because of society we have to feel that we are always looking our very best, but when you are at home and you know you don’t have anything else to do, go ahead and remove that makeup. Plus, anyone who wears makeup knows it is like the BEST feeling to rub your eyes when they have no makeup on them. Side note: every single one of us is beautiful and does not need makeup.
  2. This corresponds to #1, WASH YOUR FACE, yes I am yelling this at you. I know sometimes we all get so tired or too drunk to the point where you just want to run to your bed and pass the f out. Well, how many of us have done that and woke up with a gross pimple on our face? Guilty……  You can even keep makeup wipes near your bed for easy use. I personally HATE washing my face in the sink, I do not like when the water runs down my elbows and then makes a mess. Washing your face in the shower before bed is also an easy trick, because who doesn’t love going to bed 1. clean & 2. keeping your sheets clean?
  3. Watch what products you are using on your face.  I use Clean & Clear products, the night and day version, and they keep my skin feeling so soft. Make sure you understand your skins allergies and needs. Everyone has a different skin type: normal, dry, oily, ect. once you learn this, you can have a better understanding of how to treat and clean your skin.
  4. Sugar Intake. If you know me you know I LOVE candy, especially sour candy which means a ton of sugar…. I will never tell myself no to sugar, but you just have to eat it in moderation, along with everything else. If you are a coffee drinker and like it sweet, try adding a little bit less sugar. You can also try sugar alternatives. Honey in coffee tastes amazing too, just an FYI. This leads me to my next advice.
  5. HERBAL TEA’s, not only are they great tasting , they are very beneficial for you. Each teach has a different advantage. My go to everyday tea is Passion flavor by Tazo tea. I probably have 4-5 cups of tea a day. You can have it hot when the air is cold, or you can double bag brew it and pour over ice and it still taste amazing. The benefit to herbal teas is you do not need to add sugar for it to have a good taste. If you still need your caffeine kick, try green teas!
  6. This one is the most beneficial and obvious, yet people do not get enough of this… water! Water has so many amazing benefits, literally so many, google it. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Benefits+of+water <<<here I did it for you ) I drink about 8 mason jars of water a day, yes it is a new measurement (mason jars). It keeps my skin feeling fresh and hydrated. A downfall is you will constantly have to use the restroom, but on the bright side you are getting all of the negative toxins out of your body. If you are not a fan of water, try fruit infused water. You can add cucumber, berries, mint, pretty much anything you like and the water will taste so good. I will write a blog on my favorite infused waters to give you some ideas.  Anyway, make it your goal to pee clear, that is when you will know you are getting enough water.

 

How do you take care of your skin?

2 thoughts on “Tips For Having Clear Skin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s